We currently have an opportunity for a 18 AEC Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Approachable, courteous and helpful to any visitors to the education centre, ensuring they sign in and are signposted to the correct department.
- Take messages and distribute mail to relevant departments.
- Ensure reception area notice boards are kept up to date, tidy and clean at all times.
- Provide administrative support as and when required to the client e.g. filing photocopying, typing and faxing and other relevant administrative tasks.
- Inform the Line Manager of any faults/deficiencies which may occur with IT equipment, and to exercise safe working practices in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- To be the main NP for the contracted help desk, reporting any building maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- To oversee the administration of languages as directed by the 2ic
- Manage 18 AEC facilities booking including classrooms and study centre.
- Classroom management – ensuring all classrooms are fit for purpose.
- Undertake other clerical duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ L2 Customer Services/Business and Administration OR equivalent.
- Good knowledge of IT skills (Microsoft Office & Company systems).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Proven track record in providing highest standards of service at all times.
- Professional demeanour which generates credibility amongst internal/external customers, staff and client.
- Experience in a busy reception and administrative role.
- Experience in customer facing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working on a help desk.
- Knowledge and experience of working with military IT systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a military environment.
30 hours per week.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.